The Game On Glio Podcast team has compiled a list of glioblastoma resources along with general resources on grief and brain cancer treatment. Contact us with any additional questions or if you’ve found a resource you think we should include.
Recruiting Clinical Trials:
- CURRENTLY RECRUITING! Newly Opened Brain Cancer Phase 2 Clinical Trial (2022): https://www.mimivax.com/roswell-park-opens-phase-2b-randomized-clinical-trial-of-promising-brain-cancer-immunotherapy/
- CURRENTLY RECRUITING! SONODYNAMIC THERAPY – RECURRENT HIGH-GRADE GLIOMA Ivy brain Tumor Center (2022).
- CURRENTLY RECRUITING! Immunomic Theraputics (collaborators NCI and University of Florida)- Vaccine Therapy for the Treatment of Newly Diagnosed Glioblastoma Multiforme,
- CURRENTLY RECRUITING! OncoSynergy Inc. and Moffit Cancer Center- Recurrent Glioblastoma,
- CURRENTLY RECRUITING! Hillman Cancer Center- Olaparib in Treating Patients With Advanced Glioma, Cholangiocarcinoma, or Solid Tumors With IDH1 or IDH2 Mutations
Clinical Trials Worth Reading About:
- Repeated Super-Selective Intraarterial Cerebral Infusion of Bevacizumab (Avastin) for Treatment of Newly Diagnosed GBM (https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01811498),
- Gamma Knife Radiation Clinical Outcomes (https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01811498),
- ACTIVE, Not Currently Recruiting. (This is trial Harry Lorusso did.) Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at John Hopkins: GMCI, Nivolumab, and Radiation in Treating Newly Diagnosed High-Grade Gliomas,
- Mayo Clinic Gamma Knife
- De novo purine biosynthesis is a major driver of chemoresistance in glioblastoma.
- Shireman JM, Atashi F, Lee G, Ali ES, Saathoff MR, Park CH, Savchuk S, Baisiwala S, Miska J, Lesniak MS, James CD, Stupp R, Kumthekar P, Horbinski CM, Ben-Sahra I, Ahmed AU
- Brain. 2021 May; 144(4): 1230-1246. (https://doi.org/10.1093/brain/awab020 PMID: 33855339)
- A first-in-human phase 0 clinical study of RNA interference-based spherical nucleic acids in patients with recurrent glioblastoma.
- Kumthekar P, Ko CH, Paunesku T, Dixit K, Sonabend AM, Bloch O, Tate M, Schwartz M, Zuckerman L, Lezon R, Lukas RV, Jovanovic B, McCortney K, Colman H, Chen S, Lai B, Antipova O, Deng J, Li L, Tommasini-Ghelfi S, Hurley LA, Unruh D, Sharma NV, Kandpal M, Kouri FM, Davuluri RV, Brat DJ, Muzzio M, Glass M, Vijayakumar V, Heidel J, Giles FJ, Adams AK,James CD, Woloschak GE, Horbinski C, Stegh AH
- Sci Transl Med. 2021 Mar; 13(584):
- Immunotherapy Frontiers
- What is Oligodendroglioma-Cleveland Clinic
- Gliomas and Treatments- John Hopkins
- Anaplastic Oligodendroglioma- A study by NCBI
- (2022) International Brain Tumor Alliance Magazine- Re-thinking Brain Tumor Drug Development
- New York Post (9/20), 5ALA Imaging Dye,
- What is the Blood Brain Barrier? (article resource Brains for the Cure),
- UNC School of Medicine-Optune Device, Optune–Clinical Study Results,
- Gamma Knife Fact Sheet–Yale University,
- Novocure chief scientist explains how company’s electronic headgear offers hope to brain tumor patients (article resource Brains for the Cure),
- The Power of Positive Thinking–Johns Hopkins ,
- How COVID-19 Impacts Cancer Care and Research,
- It’s time to invite more people to join clinical trials,
- Deciding whether to be part of a clinical trial
- Flipping the Switch: A National Cancer Institute Interview with Dr. Mark Gilbert (article),
- The Science of Social Connection: An article by Dr. Emma Seppala of Stanford University (article)
- Upstate Medical University- Brain tumors come out; brain ‘tiles’ go in
This page will be continually updated with new glioblastoma resources.
For local hospital and doctor resources, visit our “local resource” tab.
Additionally, don’t forget to subscribe so you can be up to date when we discuss any of these grief, treatment and glioblastoma resources or any others we’ve found on The Game On Glio Podcast.